Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The "Almond" Joys of motherhood

There are many things about having a baby that are magical, wondrous and fun. There are many things that are scary as hell and very stressful. All in all the good outweighs the bad. Unfortunately, these days, I’m also doing a lot of outweighing. There is no denying it. Having a baby changes your body. I know this because thanks to the magic of nursing a newborn and very hungry little boy I have lost all of my pregnancy weight. So why don’t my pants fit quite right? Four little letters H-I-P-S! My hips spread like cream cheese on a bagel. Ok- so maybe that’s an exaggeration – maybe. But I have cellulite now! So I have recently decided that even though I am still diligently breastfeeding and I need to take in way more calories than I even think I can eat in a day, it is time to make those calories count. I’m turning over a new leaf and that leaf is spinach, my friends. Spinach and all those other nice leafy greens, fruits, veggies, and lean protein that make a body healthy. Oh – and I’m actually going to exercise. Really! So I’ll keep you posted on how my transformation from a caterpillar into a butterfly is going.

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture, love the "cream cheese" saying but this makes me miss you and your humor!

    ReplyDelete